Herbal medicine has been around for ages. It has seen many sick people of the old ages before the modern aspect of medicine was developed. It has helped a large part of the population since the time when people were still nomads, caves were homes and wild animals were preyed upon and served as food.
The existence of this practice goes a long way back. More so, it has been proven to be effective. As a matter of fact, the solutions and mixtures that the medicine technology has introduced since it started out were actually made out of the natural herbs and plants that have been effective in treating certain conditions.
Most people tend to take plants for granted especially the most basic and simple ones. Little do we know that the extracts of such plants can actually be the answer to the problems that plague us and our supposed to be healthy lives.
Here are some of the most basic herbal medicines that one can make use of without worrying about the side effects that most modern medications bring about.
1. For allergies – The discomfort of sneezing and itching is something we can just live with. Chamomile has anti-inflammatory properties, making it one of the best answers to allergies. Eucalyptus and licorice share the limelight for dealing with allergic reactions and so are certain fruits such as oranges and grapes, which are rich in Vitamin C, another anti-histamine element.
2. For the skin – The skin is the first part of the body that shows the most significant effects of aging. With the aid of natural ingredients, one can maintain glowing and young-looking skin. Using unprocessed products of herbal items is a great option to go for. Castor oil can be used to prevent wrinkles while lemon and orange juices are perfect addition to a natural solution for skin moisturizing. Dry skin can benefit a lot from honey, which can simply be mixed with oatmeal to both clean and moisturize one’s skin.
3. For stress – Herbal teas are perfect for stressed out individuals. They are perfect for soothing one’s senses and are also great for relieving body and muscle pains, nausea and similar conditions. There is also a fad going on about the ability of teas to help people lose weight and trim down.
4. For PMS – Cramps that result from PMS can easily be eradicated with the aid of kava kava, red raspberry and Angelica root. Peppermint and strawberry leaf can do well for mood swings. To keep the hormones at a balanced level, fennel seeds are really effective while dandelions aid in achieving relief from water build up.
5. For constipation – Aside from a healthy dose of prunes to be included in one’s diet, psyllium seeds are the source of laxatives one can find over the counter and are cheaper when bought as they are. Aloe and buckthorn are also found to be really strong laxatives.
Using herbal medicines has its advantages. One should, however, research well about them and one’s own medical makeup since the possibilities of negative reactions are also present.